Blueberry Pie

August 12, 2011

To be honest, I don’t remember the last time I made a pie.
In college, I made apple pies quite often in an attempt to woo Zach’s heart.
I found out pretty quickly that I didn’t need to waste the time. 🙂
With blueberry season slowly coming to an end, a blueberry pie seemed fitting.
My mother-in law has been the best, giving us tons of blueberries when we didn’t have time to go picking this summer. So I took the last bag of frozen goodies out of the fridge to use for this pie.

First I let these babies thaw.

Then I made the crust…with whole wheat pastry flour of course. 🙂

Then, this came out of the oven!

Oh, and this! Isn’t it cute?!
I put the remaining dough into a cupcake pan. Mini pies!

Then I ate it!

The end.
So, what is your favorite pie?

-KateLainey

13 thoughts on “Blueberry Pie

1. Allison Middleton

That’s the prettiest pie I have ever seen. I have to know: What kind of camera do you have? The focus on your pictures is gorgeous.

2. love like laughter

I don’t think I’ll ever look at blueberries the same after last weekend. 🙂 But this looks awesome! The cute little cupcake ones are darling!

3. She is Sara

Drooling over here! Haha 🙂

Hey would you like to do a guest post for me next week? Sorry for the short notice, but if you would like to, I will give you a date and add you as an author 🙂

4. Nesha Woolery

that blueberry pie looks to delicious! I’m really in the mood to bake lately, i’m going to bake lemonade cupcakes this week and post them on my blog. thank you for the inspiration!

5. Lindsay

yummm! I love berry pie. Probably my favorite 🙂 Although I like a little tartness and not super sweet, which is why I prefer to make my own 😉 Rhubarb pie is to die for too!

6. KateLainey

It was super delicious Nesha! 🙂 Glad this post was inspiring. You should shoot me over your blog link so I can take a look at your lemonade cupcakes!!! That sounds amazing!!

7. Haylee

You know, I don’t think I’ve ever had blueberry pie before in my life, but these pictures are sure making me want to change that.
    I love the mini pie! What a brilliant idea, that would make such a cute party appetizer.
    My favorite pie is pumpkin. It reminds me of Thanksgiving. 🙂