Vintage Family Photos

May 13, 2011

As much as our wedding is about Zach and I and our new life together, it is also about our families.
I wanted find a way too highlight the love and commitment that our grandparents and parents, have demonstrated to us over the years…allowing us to come to this beautiful place in our lives.
Because with out them, there wouldn’t be a Zach and Kate.
So, in dedication to our families, we decided to gather their wedding photos and will be displaying them at our wedding. Can you tell which line is my family side?  My mom kinda gives it away.  ðŸ™‚  I just can’t get enough of vintage photography; the graininess, the colors, and the mood of nostalgia they trigger.  Exposing each era and the couples personality instantly makes me reminiscent.  These are yet another detail that will make our wedding so much more personable and embrace the style of old.  Only thing left to do is find a few more vintage frames and I think I’ll be done with the decorations for the wedding! Yippee!
Well, Friday is finally here and I’m really hoping for good weather for the Riverbank Run tomorrow.
Have a great weekend everyone!
-KateLainey

10 thoughts on “Vintage Family Photos

1. She is Sara

Oh this is amazing! Thanks for sharing! I just stole my mom’s wedding photo album so I can have copies of the pics, hehe. These are just beautiful all lined up next to each other, what a great idea for a wedding!

2. Lisajschaub

We used old wedding pics of our parents/grandparents as our table numbers for our wedding. love the idea!

3. Amber

These are pretty! I love old style photos. Though, this is my first visit, so I certainly can’t tell who is who of your family!

4. Lea

Have an amazing time on your crazy run 😀

I love this. I only have one photo of my great grandparents on their wedding day stashed away. I know ones of my grandparents EXIST, I just don’t have them. And my parents eloped, so there actually aren’t proper photos. But the story is cute and funny 🙂

5. Ondressingup

O my absolute favourite is the bridge in peach with her big grin! Which relative of yours is that? You’re so lucky to have such a great collection of your relatives’ wedding photos.

6. Haylee

These are so fun, I’ve been wanting my mom to dig out old wedding photos for so long and this reminded me to ask her again.
    I absolutely love the idea to have these displayed at your wedding. Seriously I want to remember that idea for when I get married.. haha