A Red Rose – Minus The Thorns

March 30, 2011

With the Michigan weather playing tricks with my head, I decided this past weekend that regardless how cold it was, I was going to dress “springy.”  And nothing says spring better than pastels and floral!
$6.00 aviators, score.

I had a really refreshing weekend, despite a horrible long run and the chilly weather I had to endure during it. Zach and I took a trip down to Portage to visit with his amazing family and get some girl time in for me!
I’ve been so bummed lately since all of my close girlfriends live either an hour away or in different states.
Any chance I get to see them is so cherished.

My favorite.

Saturday I had the pleasure of making my veggie heart pizzas with my dear friend, Kenzie. Then, on Sunday I got a chance to catch up over coffee with the lovely Anna from Love Like Laughter
I adore these ladies!

Sweater & Tank – Hot Mama, Skirt – Thrifted H&M
Necklace – jb&me, Tights – Kohls
“Molly” Groundhog Boots
To top it off, we finished all the wedding invites and just have to stuff the envelopes and send them out!
With Zach crafting up a sweet wedding favor for our guest, we are moving right along…which is a burden off of my shoulders. Did everyone have a great weekend? Plans for this upcoming one?
I am thrilled for the day when I don’t have to sport the tights with my skirts and dresses. Not sure when we’ll see that day, but I’m waiting. 🙂 So when that warm weather finally hits, what will your perfect “spring time” outfit be?
-KateLainey

11 thoughts on “A Red Rose – Minus The Thorns

1. Anna

LOVE this outfit. you look so springy! i’m sick of this michigan weather, too.

you are gorgeous, as always. coffee with you was awesome – we’ll have to do it more often!

2. Lea

Florals are lovely. Especially these ones. For some reason, I can’t not love a floral pattern that’s on black. Maybe because somewhere in the crazy confined of my mind, they seem to have a tiny bit of an edge? Yeah, doesn’t make any sense, because they’re sweet as can be. But that’s okay. Love how you match but not in an OCD crazy way 🙂

<3 Lea

3. Zach

In the fourth picture from the bottom you look like you are getting ready to squish a bug or something. haha At least I know that that is just how you walk.

4. Haylee

I have that skirt! Gotta love H&M huh? 🙂 I love the way you’re wearing it. Especially with those boots, those things are KILLER.
    How fun you’re planning a wedding! Well, it’s probably not much “fun” on your part. haha but still that’s so exciting! I’ll be looking forward to seeing pictures of your amazing wedding dress which I’m sure I’ll be obsessed with.

5. Haylee