Is it just a girl thing to adore all miniature objects?
I tend to find myself drawn to such things, ohhing and awwing over how cute they are.
While scouring through etsy I found so many tiny loves…
|Mama & Baby Hedgehogs by doodlebirdie|
|Square Inch Art – Yellow Series by palimpsestic|
|Tiny Tea Time Teacup Necklace by Penelope’s Porch|
Miniature Robert Burns Poems Book by Dreaming of Vintage
And my favorite…
|Little Mossy Guy by Tortoise Loves Donkey|
Since I’ve been collecting so many random bottles for the wedding, I’ve decided that it wouldn’t hurt if I used one of them to make my own little mossy guy! It was super easy, anyone can make one.
1. First, you need a container to put your moss in. It can be almost anything.
I’ve seen light bulbs be used, get creative!
2. Layer pebbles or sand in your container for drainage.
3. If you have an enclosed container, then you need to add activated charcoal to help filter the air.
You can purchase this at any pet shop that has aquarium supplies.
4. Add soil
5. Pick your moss or succulent. I just searched by trees and found my lovely moss, but many terrarium growing kits recommend using Irish Moss.
6. Add sticks, stones, or terrarium accessories like tiny mushrooms or animals.
And that’s it!
They are low maintenance, just requiring sunlight and a light mist of water every 2 to 3 weeks.
Do you like him?
Now he just needs a name. Yes, like to name my plants. Any suggestions?
I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. I’m planning on heading down to Kalamazoo to meet up with friends and Zach’s family…that is after I’ve ran my 18 miles tomorrow morning. Yikes!